Monday, June 9, 2014

My journey in learning Polymer clay cane Technique.

These days I am learning Polymer clay Cane techniques.
It is something I never experimented before.

What I learned and things I made with this technique was extremely beautiful, but my journey in learning this technique is even interesting. 
Below image - Sakura flower Zumka made with Polymer clay Petal cane.
polymer clay, flower, petal, cane sakura fower, spring, pink, cane

It was spring time and I decided to make Cherry blossom petal cane for my experiment ..
Beautiful pinks formed in shape of Flower petal.
In beginning it was really easy, Just shape the colors and you are done....
Wow, how Easy!!!! But its not....
polymer clay, cane, slicing, technique, sakura, flower, petal
Like other techniques, I had to face few challenges.
First challenge is to reduce that cane and maintain its shape.
And if you managed to reduce it properly, then the biggest challenge is to slice is evenly and maintain its shape.
I took some four days to learn this basic.. In above image you can see my first cane and the way I managed to retain its shape..

Sharing few earrings I made with this cane. They are indeed beautiful and unique.

polymer clay, cane, slicing, technique, sakura, flower,buds,  petal, cherry blossom

polymer clay, cane, slicing,earrings, technique, sakura, flower,buds,  petal, cherry blossom

polymer clay, cane, slicing,earrings,zumka, jhumka,  technique, sakura, flower,buds,  petal, cherry blossom

polymer clay, cane, slicing,earrings,zumka, jhumka,  technique,buddha, sakura, flower,buds,  petal, cherry blossom

Creativity is endless with this technique, I am still learning it.
Will share my other experiments soon, in my next post.

Stay connected!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment