Thursday, November 27, 2014

Orchid and Humming bird designs..

Happy Thanksgiving my dear lovelies..

Art bead scene's November challenge has a very interesting painting by Martin Johnson Heade,
Beautiful "Cattleya Orchid and Three Hummingbirds". Amazing color combination and a beautiful inspiration.

Being an artist I use my polymer clay as my canvas and colors to paint my version of the painting.
My orchid and humming bird pendent. I used polymer clay applique technique to achieve this pendent. For the background created a wood effect base and colored with pearl-ex powders, and then created polymer clay orchid and little humming bird.

Orchid and Humming bird polymer clay necklace with ombre beads, abs challenge

Colors in the painting are just so beautiful, I thought not to miss any shade if the main colors, and so I created Ombre effect beads. 

And then I combined these two in a amazing necklace!!

My Orchid and humming bird necklace.

Another view..


My imaginations didn't stopped after making this stunning piece.
I created another necklace of Humming bird and Orchid..
This time a choker necklace.

A simple necklace were a bird is flying towards this flower.. I didn't add any color to this one and made like faux silver.. this way it has the simplicity and more uniqueness.

I hope you like my work inspired by ABS's November challenge.

Stay connected!!

1 comment:

  1. I adore those ombre effect beads you came up with... they are just yummy! And what an intricate pendant you made! Really like the second piece too and how it's such a departure in style from your first. I'm lucky that I managed one piece this month so I'm really impressed that you managed two!

    ReplyDelete